Page 1 of 25

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

FIRST DAY!!!

Since, it's my first day and allow me to say that I am early. *ching!* ;) I Chill. I Relax. I let my mind think of possible things I will do during my 13-day stay on the Preventive Education, Training and Information Division (PETID).

While waiting at the hallway I met two interns who happened to be working on the same division. They were the ones who accompanied me to meet the chief officer, my future boss. After a while, Ms. Teresita Pineda called me to come to her office. She interviewed me briefly about myself and school stuffs. She oriented me on how things are going in the office, what are the things I'm supposed to do and also, what activities I can be involved in my 13-day stay on their division. I was asked to read evaluation and monitoring studies conducted by the department and the regulations and amendments to the Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 9165 so that at least I may have a background on what the process is all about.

Before the day ends, I had the chance to greet the Executive Director of the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB), Usec. Edgar Galvante. We, along with the whole staff of the division had a long chat with the E.D. about the current financial status of the project--Barkada Kontra Droga. He gave the division some words of encouragement and a piece of assurance that the program and/or the project will still continue on. The meeting wasn't all that serious since the purpose of our visit was to greet the Executive Director a "Happy New Year". :)

As I examine myself throughout the day, how I cope up with the schedule, with the travel, with the things I'm about to do. I think I'm still in the stage where I'm in the "adjustment period" well, what was I expecting? To be honest, my thoughts were like, "First day! On with this. Will do this. Will start doing that." things like that but yeah, it's not what I have been expecting. I hope this "adjustment period" I'm calling will not exceed to more than a week. :D I'm on to doing things now! I think I'm ready. I wanna get this done. I wanna start thinking. I wanna start tapping my toes to some field works. LET'S GET IT ON! :)