An Astounding Experience

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Before I knew it, I was actually doing it! :)

It was 7:40am when I arrived at Robinson Metro-East. It was the first time I have entered a mall that early. Stalls covered with blue sacks (don't know what to call it), stores closed, escalators shut down. There was no light except for the reflection of the sun from the outside. I never felt spooky that moment, I was so enticed with the enthusiasm I felt since last week. All I knew that very moment is that something beyond my imagination will happen after this day.

In preparation for this day or I prefer to call it "The Day". I was advised to fast the day after the victory weekend. I thought of doing media fast and water fast but ate told me its impossible for me to do media fasting because the TV is just around the corner ha! So, I did the water fast instead. I skipped three meals for the day--that's friday. No breakfast, no lunch and no miryenda. I was really starving that day. Commercials on the TV is so tempting like rarrr! Diether Ocampo having a big and passionate bite on his pizza. Ice cream. Mang Inasal and just about everything. I thought that day is so long and wished it would end right away... and that was the devil telling me :| But nada, you can't fool me now, not later and not ever! I prayed to God that I'll be able to enjoy the whole day even though I'm not eating, my tummy will feel full by the Word of God alone and that I may endure the day by just talking to Him. I was surprised to survive the day with an empty stomach yet I remain happy and calm. And the most important part of my prayer: I prayed that I may receive the gift from the Holy Spirit. Having to survive the day without food intake was the first miracle I experienced before the actual day, the victory weekend.

"OPEN YOUR MOUTH", people shouting, gospel music on-going, Pastor's praying mightily, everyone crying. It was surreal. "Lord, I'm not going out in this place without your gift!","Lord I wanna be with You" "Lord, pour out Your Holy Spirit!" "Lord!!" "Holy Spirit!!" and many other phrases I can't remember now---I've been uttering those words over and over again and then suddenly, a bizarre thing happened to me I could never imagine how it actually occurred to me, its unfathomable, I can't even say the exact word to describe what the feeling was. It was amazing. I can't feel my mouth but I know its moving. I can't hear the words I am saying. The girl beside me kept saying to open our mouths as she tap our shoulders and speak in a strange language at the same time. I asked God, "Is this it? Am I doing it now Lord? Am I speaking in tongues?" "Oh Lord" and before I knew it, I was actually doing it! It was so incredible that I couldn't help but to cry more. The feeling was so intense! And then I said, "Lord thank You. Your gift is so marvelous. You never fail to amaze us. Thank You, thank you, thank you. I love you Lord and I will never ever depart from Your Word."

I felt like a new being and after that I told to myself, I will never ever be the same again :) "The old is gone, the new has come!". My heart is celebrating as well as the others and I know the heaven is in greater joy. Thank You God. I will love you more and more each day and I'm looking forward to spend more time with You every minute of the day. :)


And Its finally Official. Victory Weekend Batch 3!! Owyeah! :D


In addition, I've been baptized for the second time. I felt it more real and solemn because I'm in the right age to participate in that public declaration. I also signed up for the technical ministry which was my dream since I started attending their worship service :)

So then, this is my story of an astounding experience from my Victory Weekend. I'm now excited to do one2one and share my experience and the love of My Father and Dear Lord with my fellow youth :) Thank You Ate Aileen for being so patient to me and for everything you have taught me, I will forever be thankful to God at nakilala kita ate:) My bro Pamille for introducing me and making kulit na umattend ako sa VCF without you I wouldn't be telling this now haha! Ate Janine, Ate Jen, Kumiko, Jobee and to everyone na nakilala ko. You made my experience worth it! THE BEST KAYO!! :))

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." -John 8:36

A blessed night to you! ;)


Love,
Fam


P.S:
Sorry if some of my sentences are grammatically incorrect hahaha! Thank you :D